Fix Error: “Your database engine on computer [server] is unavailable. Please make sure that the computer is logged in or that the database service is running.”
Sage is steadily used by a number of organizations irrespective of the size whether that is mid-sized or small organization or just a growing startup. Sage has steadily captured the market and is preferred hugely by big business houses due to its numerous features that help in completing the tasks at a quicker pace and in a less tedious manner. It is a fuss free experience and completely safe to store important data in the Sage company files as the software is highly secure.
Thriving business houses can make the daily accounting task completion faster with a wonderful software like Sage. It will lead to enhanced productivity and efficient results. Even a layman can understand the intricacies of the software. Consequently, Sage software’s reputation is mounting gradually with every passing year. In fact, well established organizations are also using it. It can handle big projects too.
The well-liked uses of this software involve account payables and receivables, cash flow, timely payment of bills etc. It has been developed keeping the needs of the corporate world in consideration. However, no software is completely free from errors so let us discuss about one such Sage error i.e. Your Database Engine on Computer (Server) is Unavailable.
The usual solution for the problem will be by following these steps:
- The user has to close Sage 50 on all systems.
- Then the user needs to go to the server on the system that holds the important data.
- Windows+R keys needs to be pressed in order to open a Run command.
- Then the user has to type Services.msc, and then choose OK
- Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine has to be right-clicked. Choose Properties after that.
- If the user is using Windows 7, Vista and Windows 8 systems, then the Start up Type needs to be modified from Automatic to Automatic (Delayed Start), select Apply, and then go to OK
- For Microsoft Windows XP systems, choose Recovery tab.
- Then amend First failure, Second failure and succeeding failures to restart the Service, choose Apply, and then choose OK
- Authenticate if the program opens on both the server and workstation.
To know in detail about the advanced steps or other ways of resolving the ‘Sage error: Your Database Engine on Computer (Server) is Unavailable’, contact the excellent team of experts at SageNumber.Support. They will guide you in a step by step manner that is easy to understand.
What is SageNumber.Support?
The SageNumber.Support is a Sage 50 technical support team of professionals who are trained in every aspect of the Sage software. They can give details and aid the user in understanding the resolution of different errors in a better way. Sage technical support experts can give you tips about important aspects of the software. The team is there at all times of the year. The way to contact them is via the toll free number 1844-871-6289.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)