How to use Sage 50 Network Installation Manager
In the current business scenario it has become important for employees to stay connected through their software in order to promote prompt adjustments and update details without requiring to ask for access from others. This in turn has motivated many financial and accounting software manufacturers to include state of the art technology to accord a network of users to access a single software from their system with their own personal login credentials. Sage 50, one of the top accounting software, has also provided this facility under the tool of Network Installation Manager.
This feature of Sage 50 allows particular number of users to access the software over a network. This helps to streamline and create a systematic process for future use of Sage 50. Network Installation Manager ensures that the software gets installed as per the user requirements while minimising the scope of errors. The user is reminded that initial setup of the software on a particular system is to be done through installation CD. Moreover, using CD for different network of computers also helps to bypass many steps required under automatic installation. In order to process installation of Sage 50 on a single computer system follow the steps detailed below.
Installing Sage 50 on a single computer
Before going forward with installation Sage 50 on network of computers, user first requires to install it on a particular computer system where the confidential data of the system is to be stored. The steps to do so are:
- Select the link – Sage50_2018.exe, double click on it and then select the ‘Install’ tab.
- Go through License Agreement and checkmark on Accept box.
- A pop-up for automatically setting up the Firewall by Sage 50 will flash on screen. Click on Yes tab. User also has the option of manually setting the Firewall.
- There is possibility of warning message from Firewall while the installation process is going on. In such scenario click on Allow or Unblock option.
- Next is to provide the confidential registration number sent on the registered email id.
- Under the window labeled ‘Network’ click on ‘Yes’ tab to authorize setting up of Sage 50 on a Single system.
- Next click on the location for program files which is usually either local Drive ‘C’ or ‘D’.
- Lastly select the ‘Install’ tab in order to install the Sage 50 software.
Processing Sage 50 on a Network Computer with Network Installation Manager
- Once the steps listed above have been performed perfectly, user will be showcased on the last summary screen with option to avail network manager in order to install the software on the rest of the computer systems.
- Checkmark the option and then select ‘Install’ option.
- The process of installing Sage 50 software over the network will start. While in the background copy of installation files will be generated to be stored under the shared folder located in the server.
- Apart from the installation files, the software will also provide client installation file which will make the installation process automatic for every computer system selected under network.
- Once the process gets over a file will be stored consisting of the location of installation folder in the server with the instructions regarding how to start installation process of Sage 50 on different systems.
- As the copy of Sage 50 installation file has been stored under the server, Sage 50 Installation CD will not be required for further installation processes.
- Now the process of installing Sage 50 over other computer system can start by selecting the Sage 50 installation file saved under shared folder and run the client installation file.
- Lastly select the tab ‘Install’ which will authenticate Network Installation Manager to process further. The tool will on its own start the process of download, install and upgrade the software on other systems as per the settings configured under server installation which includes-
- Setup Files Location
- Company Data File Location
- Data Path Location
- Product Serial Number (needed under installation & registration)
When one computer starts the process of installation, user can easily move over to other system without needing for current system to get finished with the process. This helps to install the software over other systems simultaneously with the support of Network Installation Manager. In the scenario of requiring more support or details of Network Installation Manager feature of Sage 50, user can get in touch with experienced technicians of Sage 50 through phone or live chat support. Alternatively, third party support agency like SageNumber.Support can also be contacted with.
What is SageNumber.Support?
Customer support team housed by SageNumber.Support are intensively trained in all aspects of Sage software ensuring even the most complex issues can be resolved within a set time period. The team can be contact round the clock for immediate help or for more information on Network Installation Manager tool of Sage 50. Call on Toll free Number 1844-871-6289 or connect through live chat on www.sagenumber.support.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)