Sage 50 Error: “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”
Sage 50 software is accounting solution which was previously known by the name of “Peachtree Accounting”. It happens to be a subscription-based solution developed and marketed by Sage Group. It will help you in managing your finances, paying bills, managing inventory and creating invoices. Sage 50 is an exceptional software with improvised features. Working on Sage 50 gives you a smooth experience, but on certain occasions when you may come across some challenges. These challenges are basically technical errors which hampers your work flow. One such technical error is Sage 50 Error: “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”.
When you come across this Sage 50 error, you won’t be able to open any company file or run any program in your computer system. You will see the following error message, displayed on your system:
Error: “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”
Error: “File System Error 3004 in [file name]”
Error Code 3006 is quite similar to Error Code 3004. The cause responsible for the occurrence of this error is that the severed or interrupted connection between the Sage 50 accounting software and the server and they unable to establish the connection again.
Resolution for File System Error 3006:
The solutions below are recommended by the Sage Experts to resolve the Sage 50 Error 3006:
Solution I: While opening a Company File
- Go to Help > Customer Support &Service > Integrity Check.
- Click on “Backup” and enter the backup file name, then click on “OK”.
- Go to “Reindex Files” option from file test column.
- From “Reindex File”, select the list.
- The error will get resolved now.
Solution II: Lost connection from network
- Restart your system.
- Open Sage 50 US Edition on your computer system.
- Open company file and see if whether the error still persists or not.
- If you receive the error message, close all systems with Sage 50 running on it.
- Brose in your Sage 50’s company directory for “Related Resources Section”.
- Check for “USERPREF.DAT” file and rename it.
- Try to open your company and see that your error has been resolved.
Solution III: Wireless Connection
- Restart your system.
- If you have a wireless network connection, then you will have to switch to a cabled connection.
- Your error will be resolved now.
Solution IV: Check whether data file is local
- Close all programs running in your system.
- Close the dialog box with error message.
- Close Sage 50 US Edition.
- Check where you have saved your data file.
- Save it in your local desktop of your computer system.
- Restart your computer system.
- Open Sage 50 in your system.
These solutions are recommended by Sage experts to resolve Sage 50 Error. If you need some technical support assistance, then contact SageNumber.Support. They will help you in resolving all your Sage technical as well functional error.
What is SageNumber.Support?
The SageNumber.Support is an alternative for Sage Customer Support, when you are unable to get in touch with them. They have a team of Sage certified experts who have experience in resolving all kinds of Sage errors. They provide 24*7 customer support, so you can get in touch with them at any point. If you want to contact them, then give a call on their toll-free customer support number 1844-871-6289. You can also write an email to their Online Email Support or request for Online Chat Support and get connected to Sage representative.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)