How to Fix Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database
Sage 50 is a tremendously useful software for the accounting world as it aids in completing projects in an accurate and quicker way. Moreover, safety is given high priority. The configurations of the software are such that all types of company files are extremely protected with this software and can be accessed from any part of the world.
Even if it is related to invoices or payments, then Sage 50 is one of the best solutions available in the market in today’s date. There might be circumstances where the user is unable to connect to database after the installation of the software Sage 50. It might be due to some technical reasons. There is no reason to panic. Let us work out a few ways to resolve this database connection failure error.
However, the first step before dealing with this error is that the user has to first make sure that the connection manager is updated on your system.
Resolution for Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database
In case, the server system has all the data files, then follow these steps:
- Testing has to be done with a sample company.
- In case of windows XP, the user needs to go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Simply Accounting\201X\Samdata\
- The user needs to access C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Simply Accounting\201X\Samdata\ in case of Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows 8.
- If the sample company is opening fine, then follow these steps.
- The user needs to make sure that the server firewall data is configured correctly.
- Also check the server and drive on which company data is saved. If some programs are in C drive and data in D drive, check the permissions of the data folder.
- Make a new folder on C drive.
- Next step is to move the data to the new folder.
- Then complete permissions need to be given to the users.
- Open the data from the newly created folder.
- The file with IP address of the server needs to be used rather than the one with the name of computer.
- Verify if sample company is opening or not.
- If Firewall is blocking the access or some anti-virus, then grant access.
- There might be problems with the Microsoft .NET Framework. Check from experts.
- Testing the ODBC Issue can also help in resolving the issue. Check from experts the advanced steps so as to not cause any harm to the important files and the computer.
- The user needs to bring back the system to default factory settings if the system is brand new. For this, the user can use manufacturer’s restore disk and restore Windows Vista or Windows 7, 8, etc. Check information by the manufacturer.
- Restoring points can also help. It aids in restoring system to its initial settings when Sage 50 application was working.
If users want to understand the above steps in detail or want to explore other resolutions too, then it is best to get in touch with SageNumber.Support.
What is SageNumber.Support?
This Sage technical support team offers nonstop Sage related services and this highly trained Sage tech support team helps in resolving all issues and errors perfectly in the fastest time possible. If there is any database connection failure, get in touch with SageNumber.Support on their toll free number 1844-871-6289. It is functional round the clock.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)