How to troubleshoot Sage 50 Error “The installation of the Pervasive database has failed”
Sage 50 is one of the best accounting solution in the market presently. However, that does not mean that the software users do not face any errors or issues occasionally. One of these issues is the failure to install the pervasive database on Sage 50. This is an usual error faced by Sage users so let us discuss its solutions too.
Causes of the Pervasive database has failed
Normally the error message during this error suggests about the error in installing the pervasive or aborting install which leads to database service manager not working. These error messages ideally have the same meaning.
Various reasons that can lead to this error include a security software might be the reason or the user account control is enabled or a preceding defective installation of pervasive is leading to errors or inadequate admin rights or some security setting etc. This is a technical problem. In case the user does not have adequate knowledge about operating system of a system, it is best to take expert help.
Resolution for of Pervasive database has failed
- In case, any security setting or security related software or program is affecting the installation, follow these following steps:
- The anti-virus software needs to be disabled before starting the installation.
- The user account control needs to be disabled. For this, one needs to go to the control panel. Disable User Account Control.
- Put in UAC in the search box.
- There will be a link to turn UAC on or off.
- The user needs to go to the next screen. UAC box needs to be unchecked and then press OK.
- Boot into Selective Startup. [To do this, the user needs to press Windows key + R, then put in ‘msconfig’, choose OK. Choose the services tab. ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ needs to be checked. Then user needs to choose Disable All. Click OK and restart the system.]
- Next the user needs to right-click on ‘setup.exe’ and choose ‘Run as Administrator’.
- After that the user needs to check the security settings on the installation folder. This will lead to everyone having full control.
- The user needs to check id the accurate installer is used.
- The Pervasive needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. The Pervasive can be manually installed too.
- User rights need to be checked.
To understand the above steps in complete details with advanced steps without damaging any files or system, get in touch with SageNumber.Support. The Sage customer support team there will be happy to help you.
What is SageNumber.Support?
SageNumber.Support is one of the top remote tech support provider that offers end to end solutions regarding the Sage software. It is a tremendously competent Sage technical support team of experts who can resolve any error related to Sage at anytime of the day as convenient to the user. They are the best and fastest. Call them for any queries or doubts related to Sage. The toll free number to reach out to them is 1844-871-6289.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)