How to troubleshoot “Sage 50 cannot be started…” error message
Sage 50 is wonderful software that has created ripples in the accounting domain due to the wonderful features which helps in managing money flow, inventory management, invoices and business reports in a better way. Thus, it has helped to create a highly regarded name in the industry of accounting software. The revolutionary standing has further increased its users with every passing year. It has also maintained that security is the paramount thing for any software. The security configurations in this software are so strong that the safety of the company files and all the important company data is maintained and given high precedence. With unbelievable tools, the software can actually aid in finishing accounting tasks in a better way. It is used by mid-size and small companies. Also, growing startups are steadily using it.
There are many automated features in Sage 50 that impart great pleasure as the work gets finished faster and in an accurate as well as highly professional manner. However, every user might have doubts while working on the software. One of this doubt can be that what needs to be done in case the Sage 50 software is not starting. Let us discuss more about this issue and what to do in such a case.
About “Sage 50 cannot be started…” Error Message
The various reasons can be:
- The operating system is Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1, or 10
- If there is a recent upgradation of the operating system to Microsoft Windows 8 or 8.1
- Upgradation to Microsoft Windows 10
- Pervasive isn’t running
- If the User Account Control is blocking Pervasive
- Imperfectly configuration of the firewall
If there are any compatibility problems.
- The Sage icon has to be right clicked and then left click on the Properties.
- Click on the compatibility tab, Get rid of the check mark in case it is there- “next to Run this program in compatibility mode for’’.
- If it is npot checked, put a check mark on the left side of “Run this program as an administrator”. The check mark will need to be removed if UAC is diabled.
- Select Apply and then OK
Check if Sage is now opening without any issues.
- The Data path Permissions have to be checked. Consult experts to know in detail and to avoid any damage to the system.
- Pervasive has to be started.
Reinstall using Run as Administrator
- The installer is normally positioned at C:\Sage\Sage50_20xx_x\ .
- xx is the year and _x if it exists is the product update number.
- Maint.exe has to be right clicked. Then Run as Administrator
Choose Repair when asked.
- Let the installation get completed.
There may be other issues and related advanced steps in case the Sage 50 software is not starting. To avoid any damage to files and folders related to the software, it is best to contact Sage trained team at SageNumber.Support. They will try to understand the problem and give supportive solutions to rectify it.
What is SageNumber.Support?
The SageNumber.Support is a Sage customer support team of tremendously Sage trained experts who can help you in detail in case the Sage 50 software is not starting. There will be qualified experts in this Sage tech support team who will be there with you at any time convenient to you to resolve the issue. The direct number to talk to them is 1844 871 6289. Their main motive is complete customer satisfaction. It is an exceptional team of extremely polite and knowledgeable people. You can get general information too from them about the Sage 50 software.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)