How to fix Sage 50 error “Problem Initializing the Year End Wizard”
Sage 50 is stupendous software for accounting related tasks. It is among the best in this domain. It is particularly used by med-size and small industries as well as growing startups. The software is extremely user-friendly and help in finishing important tasks on priority. One need not be from the accounting background to comprehend or work on the software.
Sage 50 has been branded in the industry as a brilliantly smooth desktop accounting tool for increasing business needs and related activities. One can collaborate with clients at different locations easily with this software, thus, leading to enhanced work environment and better integration. It helps in management of cash flow, account payables and receivables, payment of bills etc. Around 40 people can use it simultaneously The advanced features include module-level security and inventory management. The dashboard can be modified for quick access to critical data.
However, all wonderful software can occasionally face errors. Let us discuss about one such error that is “Problem Initializing the Year End Wizard”.
Causes of the Error Initializing the Year End Wizard
- First reason can be some kind of network issue
- The other cause can be damaged files in the company data set directory
- Choose Maintain, Company Information.
- Then one has to make a note of the Directory, and then the user has to close Sage 50.
- Using Windows Explorer, the user needs to browse to the company directory.
- These files have to be renamed:
- EVNTCLS.DAT rename to OldEVNTCLS.DAT
- JRNCLS.DAT rename to OldJRNCLS.DAT
- ALARM.DAT rename to OldALARM.DAT
- ALERT.DAT rename to OldALERT.DAT
- EVENTLOG.DAT rename to OldEVENTLOG.DAT
- AUDITTR.DAT rename to OldAUDITTR.DAT
- Sage 50 needs to be opened. Open your company.
- Then the user needs to click Yes in order to create a new empty file for ALARM.DAT, ALERT.DAT, EVENTLOG.DAT and AUDITTR.DAT.
- Try to close it if it’s unsuccessful.
It is a wise decision for all Sage users to take assistance from Sage customer support at SageNumber.support for the advanced steps regarding the Sage Error: “Problem Initializing the Year End Wizard” to steer clear of any damage to the system or data files.
What is SageNumber.Support?
The SageNumber.Support is an extraordinaire Sage 50 technical support team for Sage users which is available round the clock at any time convenient to the user. The customer support professionals at SageNumber.Support are extremely trained and have years of experience in dealing with all types of errors related to the Sage software. They can offer step by step assistance irrespective of the complicated details involved. Their first aim is customer satisfaction. Their toll free number is 1844-871-6289. The team will be elated to help you.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)