How to fix Sage 50 “Error Opening Company.asd”
Sage 50 is a well-known accounting software in the accounting world that has gained a positive reputation due to the numerous features and tools. Every year, the upgraded version further increases the reliability of the software due to bonus improved tools that get added to this fantastic feature. Moreover, as far as security of data is concerned, Sage 50 is one of the best software in the market with top class safety configurations. Whether it is about managing inventory or managing money flow, Sage 50 is a class apart and immensely useful.
However, one thing that needs to be considered is that no accounting software is free from errors completely. Therefore, all users should consult Sage experts periodically to understand the intricacies of the software and resolve the Sage errors in a better way. One such Sage 50 error is “Érror opening company.asd”.
Reasons for the Sage 50 Error Opening Company.asd
This error normally occurs when the Sage 50 user is trying to access forms using Aatrix. The user enters Federal tax ID number and generates W2s and W3s in Aatrix. After that, when the user makes changes to the Federal Tax ID number or while accessing the company forms, this error might pop up. This error can disrupt your work pattern as the overall software stops normal functioning. Two basic reasons can be company EIN has been changed in Sage DacEasy. Another reason can be related to the Federal employee identification.
- The user needs to edit, choose Federal Tax. Then the user needs to update the Employer Identification name (EIN) with the Old Federal ID before the Change and then one has to click on OK.
- Then a backup of the current company files have to be taken.
- Then the user needs to go to, edit, federal tax, then update the Employer identification name (EIN) with the new number
- Choose OK to save changes.
- One more backup needs to be created. Create it with a new title and do not verwrite the first backup.
- A new (copy) company needs to be created.
- The previous backup needs to be restored.
- Then the user needs to go to File, choose Open. After that, opt for new company as the new default company
- The new company needs to be closed and then open original company.
- Next user needs to go to edit, federal tax, after that the EIN needs to be changed back to the original number.
- Choose OK to so that changes can be saved.
- The user needs to exit from the original company and then go to the new company. This will be the company file for future usage.
- Add this new company on any networked system and make it the default one.
For proper understanding of the above steps and to get a complete view of the resolution in a step by step manner, it is recommended to get in touch with SageNumber.Support experts. This Sage technical support team is highly trained in dealing with Sage related errors. The toll free number is 1844-871-6289. The team will be happy to help you immediately.
What is SageNumber.Support?
The SageNumber.Support is the Sage tech support team full of Sage drilled executives who have years of experience in dealing with Sage related queries and doubts. They can give you all kinds of tips and advices related to the Sage software in a better way as they are dealing with Sage errors from a number of years. The team is available round the clock. Contact SageNumber.Support on the toll free number 1844-871-6289. Get clarity on varied aspects of the software.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)